FODMAP Friendly Fried Rice
FODMAP Friendly, Gluten free, Dairy free Fried Rice.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon ginger
1⁄2 bunch chives chopped
2 rindless bacon rashers, chopped
1⁄2 baby bok choy, roughly chopped
1⁄2 red capsicum, seeded and sliced
1⁄2 bunch spring onions (eshallots) green tops only, chopped 1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce, gluten free
2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
2 cups basmati rice, cooked
1⁄2 chilli, deseeded and sliced (optional)
1. Heat half the coconut oil in a large frying pan or wok.
2. Pour beaten eggs into the pan and cook for 1 minute to form an omelette. Remove from the pan, slice and chop into squares approx 1cm x 1cm and set aside.
3. Wipe out the pan and add the remaining coconut oil. Fry the ginger and chives.
4. Add the bacon and fry until bacon starts to turn golden brown.
5. Add the bok choy and capsicum and cook until the bok choy starts to soften.
6. Stir in the spring onions, sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir fry for 1 minute.
7. Add in the cooked rice, stir to combine and heat through. Take off the heat and stir through
the omelette. Serve chilli on the side if preferred.
Note – For chicken fried rice: Add some shredded roast chicken (no skin) at Step 6 with the rice. Chicken roasted with no spices. Just salt and small amount of coconut oil.