24 Christmas Advent Activity Calendar Ideas!
An exciting tradition that has been carried throughout the time of Christmas is the lovely Advent Calendar. The suspense of opening up the door, the drawer or digging into the pocket each morning as you wake up has kids around the world counting down the days til Christmas. Over the years, Advent Calendars have evolved into many different things – candy, toys, decorations and our favourite – activities.
There is nothing more precious than spending time with your children – and what is more fun than playing games and making crafts?! Partnering with the incredible My Magical Moments, we have compiled a list of 24 activities to fill your Advent Calendars!
The absolutely stunning Advent Calendar, that doubles as a home for your Elf on the Shelf, we have used in the images throughout this post is from My Magical Moments. My Magical Moments is a wonderful store that stocks a wide range of Elf and Fairy costumes and accessories at affordable prices – it is your one stop shop for all of your Elf On The Shelf needs this Christmas! These Advent Calendars are available for a limited time only and come in both Raw and White, including the cute grass patch, Elf Door, Tree, Gifts & Mail Sign that you see pictured. The Advent also includes 2 sets of numbers in both red and green which is perfect if you have little hands helping! You can find the Advent Calendar here: Christmas Elf House Advent Calendar
Here are our 24 Activity Ideas to fill your Advent Calendar with:
1.Bake Christmas cookies
2. Decorate a Christmas Bauble for the tree
3. Write Christmas cards to your family and friends
4. Watch a Christmas movie
5. Colour in a Christmas picture
6. Write a letter to Santa
7. Build a Gingerbread House
8. Read a Christmas story book
9. Take a Christmas treat to your neighbour
10. Paint some party hats green and decorate them like Christmas Trees
11. Make a Christmas Wreath to hang on your bedroom door by cutting out the centre of a paper plate and decorating it
12. Make a picnic in front of the Christmas Tree for dinner tonight
13. Make your own ornaments using Salt Dough
14. Create some Christmassy Chocolates using a Christmas mould
15. Use Christmas cookie cutters to play with play-doh
16. Have your own Christmas Carol performance in the living room
17. Make a bag of Reindeer Food to leave in the front yard on Christmas Eve
18. Make a paper garland
19. Draw a picture to leave under the tree for Santa
20. Cut out paper Snowflakes
21. Make Christmas shapes with your breakfast pancakes (use a squeezy bottle for young kids!)
22. Paint your own Christmas wrapping paper
23. Make special gift tags to go on presents
24. Take a drive or go on a walk to look at Christmas Lights
We hope you were able to take even a few of these activities to put in your My Magical Moments Advent Calendar this year – enjoy this festive season with your little ones!
Mumspo Mag x