Egg Noodle Carbonera
We all crave pasta from time to time and this dish is a lighter update to fill the craving but not slow you down. It is a perfect weeknight comfort meal as it can be ready in no time and something you will want all the time. This recipe is for 4 people however can be doubled and/or halved easily.
- 360 grams of fine egg noodles.
- 2-3 Tbsp cooking oil.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 2 Eggs scrambled.
- 225g of bacon.
- 2 Cloves of garlic or 1.5 Tsp of pre-minced garlic.
- 2 Onions sliced.
- 1 1/4 Cup or 187 grams of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Cup or 30 grams spinach (optional)
- Boil 1.5 cups of water
- When at a strong boil add in the 360 G of egg noodles.
- Cook to desired taste, I usually let them cook for 6-7 min.
- Save 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the pasta water and set aside then drain.
- Place frying pan on a hob heated to medium, cook the bacon until just before desired texture.
- Remove from pan and set aside, be sure not to drain the fat from the pan.
- Add in the onions and garlic cooking until translucent or golden.
- Return the bacon with the garlic and onions mixing in the saved noodle water.
- Add in the cooked pasta and spinach and mix in the pan for 1-2 min to incorporate.
- Lower the heat to med or medium-high and add in the eggs, and grated parmesan, saving a little parmesan for serving.
- Mix in heat until thoroughly mixed and the eggs give a creamy consistency.
- Divide the dish among 4 plates and garnish with the parmesan.
This post was written for Mumspo Mag by Canuck in the UK
Ashley was born in Canada but moved to Northern Ireland 3 years ago to be with her Fiancé. She has always had a passion for cooking and baking since she was little. Also, she loves to travel and meet people along these travels. Her blog Canuck in the UK are these passions being shared with the world.
You can find her on Facebook here, Instagram here, Twitter here, and her website full of lovely recipes just like this right here.