Crunchy Cornflake Chicken Recipe
A massive favourite for my kids in our house is Cornflake Chicken! These crunchy strips are a huge crowd pleaser for the young and old and are a surprisingly easy snack to make! Pair with fresh salad at dinner time or pack up with picnic foods for lunch in the park. Here’s how we make them!
3 Eggs, whisked
6 cups of Kelloggs Corn Flakes (roughly, add more for extra crunch!)
2 cups of Plain Flour
500g of Chicken Breast or Thigh Fillet
Salt, Pepper or Garlic Salt for flavouring (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Cut your chicken into strips or portions, whatever is desired is totally fine. We prefer strips!
3. Place your flour, whisked eggs and cornflakes in bowls big enough to fit your chicken.
4. Coat your chicken in the flour, then the egg and then the corn flakes. Place onto a lined tray as you go.
5. Once you have coated all of your pieces and placed them onto the tray, put them into the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
And you’re done! A tasty snack ready to go (don’t forget the aioli sauce for dipping 😉 )